Teen Witness Talks
Each evening at Alive in You, your parish group will have the oppotunity to come together and process the daily activities and discuss the daily theme. This is known as Parish Time. During the first 3 nights of Alive in You, there is a teen witness talk component to Parish Time. This will allow your teens to share their personal experiences and how they relate to the daily theme. By doing this, your teenagers will be able to make the connection between their lives and the theme of the week.
The theme at Alive in You this summer is “Magnify.” We will spend the week focusing on the Blessed Mother. We will look at how Mary not only praised the Lord, but Magnified Him with her actions. Through the example of Mary, we too can Magnify the Lord by sharing in his work of love and charity. We truly believe these witness talks will help set the tone for your group and bring them closer throughout camp. We also think it will be a great opportunity to empower your youth and encourage participation. Every other activity for parish time and family time will flow from these witness talks… please follow the instructions in this section.
- Click the “witness talk questions” link above and read about the different talk themes.
- Pick 1-2 teenagers to deliver a witness talk for each session (Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday). Pick different people for each night.
- Give the chosen teen the document (with) the details of the witness talk.
- Please encourage your teens to look at the Catechism and the Bible to help with their witness talks. Provide them with helpful tips on where to find information if they need it.
- Challenge them to be honest and speak from the heart. Honest and open talks provide the best foundation for meaningful group discussions.
- Listen to the talks prior to coming to camp to make sure your teens are on the right track.